Sunday, November 20, 2005

Adbusters

I found this sight two or three weeks ago when I was looking for things on Remembrance Day . The link with terrorism is interesting again. I think this site has some really insightful comments on our culture although it is very American. I think it is well worth exploring more.

Adbusters now talking about ‘Buy Nothing Day’ that is a part of the Buy Nothing Christmas campaign. It looks like a campaign to boycott shops on November 25th in protest of the materialism of Christmas. I have a lot of sympathy with this campaign.

It just amazes me that Christmas items were in the shops alongside Halloween stuff. There is so much about Christmas that sickens me. For most of us it’s just a time when we must shop and then ‘enjoy ourselves’ in a way that our culture tells us to.

Materialism. Yuk!

No comments: